Let’s face it – You’re a “vaper” that’s on-the-go.
You care about your style, but need to keep that wallet nice and plump for when the weekend rolls around. All you want to do is just grab your favorite vaporizer and get the hell out the door as fast as you can.
Obviously, for the jet-setter, going “portable” is the only way to roll, however trying to find the best portable vaporizer can be a pain in the butt if you don’t know what you’re looking for.
Luckily, I’ve made a website that’ll help guide you through the maze and give you as much information as possible so that when you finally settle on your favorite vape, you can get the best experience possible.
While there isn’t that one “magical” portable vaporizer that scores off the charts, I’ve done some of the heavy lifting for you and have narrowed it down quite a bit.
Here’s a detailed list I put together of some of the best portable vaporizers on the market.
Check it out.
The Definitive Guide to Portable Vaporizers Chart
The interactive table below contains the following columns which you can click on to sort the data:
- Vaporizer image
- Vaporizer make and model
- Rating – Our average rating.
- Price Range – Approximate current pricing ($ = under $120, $$ = $120 to $150, $$$ = $150 to $200, $$$$ = $200+)
- Warm-Up Time
- Battery Life
What is a Portable Vaporizer?
Portable vaporizers are the cutting edge of enjoyment of tobacco and herb products. Instead of lighting up your material/herbs, vaporizers use either heated elements or heated air to boil the essential oils from the surface of your material that creates a vapor which has the same active ingredients that you would get from burning the same herbs which is awesome.
The way vaporizers do this is by employing a heating element that’s in contact with your herbs to heat it up instead of combusting it, or they heat up air and run it over your tobacco or herb in order to turn the oils into vapor that can then be inhaled. They are convenient, easy to use, and often portable so you can enjoy whatever you’ve chosen to pack it with when you’re on the go. Portable vaporizers come with a variety of heating sources from electricity to butane, and have price ranges to fit your lifestyle.
Advantages of Using a Portable Vaporizer
The benefits of using a vaporizer are multi-fold.
- It’s healthier. The first and most obvious is that by not burning your herbs/material has a number of health benefits, as it leaves behind a lot of the bad chemicals that occur during the vaporization process. It also cuts down on the smell that others may complain about from combustible smoking methods and can generally be done inside without any lingering effects. Personally, I smoked cigarettes for over 10 years and switching over to a portable vaporizer has really changed my life. For me, one of the best advantages is not smelling like crap when I get close to people.
- It’s on the hush-hush. Another advantage of finding the best portable vaporizer for you is that they are more discrete than a pipe or even hand rolled cigarettes which is great when you’re out and about. You just take it out when you need to take a draw, do your thing, and put it away when you’re done.
- It tastes better. Best of all, though, the right portable vaporizer will give you more flavor than lighting up whatever you want to smoke which cuts out the acidic taste that comes with burning in most cases.
How Do You Find the Best Portable Vaporizer?
Finding the best portable vaporizer can be tricky if you aren’t sure what to look for. The price ranges vary, the quality from each manufacturer is different, and the vapor production can differ, so it’s super important to narrow it down based on the criteria that you are looking for.
- Know what you want out of it. Just like with many hobbies, the more you know, the more you’ll get out of the experience. When looking to find the best portable vaporizer, you need to have an idea as to what you are looking for. You want to know what you should expect from your vape and be able to weigh the possible benefits against any drawbacks. If your primary concern is portability, then some models are going to be more useful than others. If you prefer to have ease of use, or easy charging, or as little maintenance as possible, then you may end up with drastically different vapes. If your only concern is flavor and vapor density, then you’ll have another set of options to choose from. This stuff is all across the board so it will depend on your preferences. What price range are you looking for? Are there specific features that you want your vaporizer to have? Are you just starting out and looking for a good “starter” vaporizer or do you have lots of experience and looking for a more advanced vaporizer that has all the bells and whistles? All these tie together to get you matched up with the best portable vaporizer that’s going to match your needs.
- Consider the best of the best. This is why I decided to test only the best and give you detailed reviews with information on what you get, how to care for your vape, what sort of options you’ll have, and how best to use them all. I want you to be happy with your experience, and the best way to do that is to arm yourself with plenty of knowledge and make an informed decision when you invest in your own vaporizer. The best portable vaporizer is one that’s going to line up with what you are looking for and help you enjoy your “vape sessions” as much as I do.
- Listen to the pros. My goal is to help you find the best portable vaporizer that’s going to do what you want it to, which means giving you as much honest, authoritative, and un-biased information as I can in order to make sure than when you buy that vaporizer, you’ll not only be super happy with it, but you’ll get your money’s worth as well. It’s healthier, efficient, and tastes better than smoking and I’m here to make sure you enjoy every minute of the switch to vapor.
Top 7 Portable Vaporizer Reviews
Any of these portable vaporizers would be great buys. Much of it comes down to personal preference. Just like with any product, you can get some really, really nice vapes if you’re willing to spend a bit of cash, but there really are great products you can get without emptying your bank account as well.
Here are the top 7 portable vaporizers in no particular order.
Pax by Ploom
The Pax is a really freaking great portable vape and I want to say probably my favorite. It’s really easy to use, has a sleek design, and produces some great vapor with great taste.
This portable vaporizer takes just around a minute to warm up which is really fast.
It has 3 different temperature settings starting at 370°F and goes all the way to 410°F.
The Arizer Solo vaporizer is manufactured in Canada and uses a high quality borosilicate glass that produces a really clean vapor.
This unit has great battery life and takes around 90 seconds to warm up.
As for temperature settings, the Arizer Solo comes with 7 different heat settings which offers a wide variety for different herbal mixes.
It has the ability to vape not only just herbs, but oils and wax concentrates as well – and at a very attractive price point may I add.
It’s super easy to to use and stands the test of time in my book.
The Ascent Vaporizer is the newest model that came out not too long ago by DaVinci.
This bad boy has a digital temperature control system that allows you to have full control over your herbs.
As for quality, this portable vaporizer has a ceramic heating element which makes each and every vape taste damn good.
Magic Flight Launch Box (MFLB)
The MFLB comes with my highest recommendations if you are new to vaping. The price and quality just cannot be beat.
If you’re looking for a bit of “old school” without the high price-tag, this is a portable unit you should take a look at.
Other than the fact that it looks like one of those old flip-phones, this little guy packs a punch.
It has awesome build quality, produces some excellent flavor, and is really easy to clean since it doesn’t have a lot of moving parts.
Last, but not least, is the Vapir No2. This vaporizer has quickly become one of the most popular portable vaporizers on the market today. It has a pure brass heating element that makes flameless heat and can warm up in around a minute.
Another great thing I like about the Vapir No2 is that you can vape while it’s plugged in so you’re not stuck around waiting.