Pax 2 Overview
- Ease of Use
New Pax 2 model coming in hot with a deeper oven, better burn, longer battery life as well being 25% smaller and 10% lighter than the first model.
Say hello to my (new) little friend…the new Pax 2 vaporizer.
This new model is smaller and lighter than the original, but is still as durable and high-quality.
To help you enjoy your vape even more, they have added a deeper oven with better burn quality and even heating.
Add in the longer battery life, which is around 30% better, and you have the makings for a great new vaporizer for your collection.
All of this sounds great, but what is the low-down on this little guy?
Let’s get down to brass tacks.
How it Works
Here’s all you have to do:
- Pop off the lid – So the first thing you want to do is take off the magnetic oven lid and put in all the magic goodness into the oven chamber.
- Hold the button – After that’s off, what you want to do is press down on the top button and the Pax 2 will start heating up. You’ll know it’ll be heating up because the LED light will be purple.
- Set your temp – Hold the top button for 2 seconds and put in the temperature that you want to vape at. If you’re not sure what temperature that you want to start off with, just keep pressing the button and what’ll happen is that it’ll start cycling through all the different temperatures. Once you find the temperature that you’re comfortable with or you want to experiment with, just hold the button again for 2 more seconds so it can get locked in.
- Green means GO – Once you see that the LED light is green, that means you’re ready to get your vape on.
The Mouth Piece
Unlike the original (and a lot of other vapes on the market), the new Pax 2 has a unique mouth piece.
It has a built-in motion detector so as soon as your mouth starts getting close, the lip sensor technology will actually turn down the heat in the chamber, which in turn, preserves the battery life and all your herbs.
I don’t know about you but that sold me instantly.
As cool as this sounds though, not everybody is a fan of it, so what you can do is use the pop out mouthpiece that comes with it instead.
Personally, I tested it with and without the mouthpiece and I liked it better without. When I was using the mouthpiece, I found that the mouthpiece was getting a little too warm for my liking, but it’s totally up to you and your kisser.
The lip sensing technology worked great and is highly recommended over the added mouthpiece in my opinion.
The chamber on the Pax 2 is much deeper than the first version. While this makes this little guy much sleeker, the chamber is actually a little bit smaller by around 10%.
It still holds quite a bit of herb, though.
Make sure that your green is ground-up pretty small (I’m not talking dust-like here or anything), but just give it a good grind so you can get a much more even burn.
- Low – 360ºF (182ºC)
- Medium – 380ºF (193ºC)
- Med/High – 400ºF (204ºC)
- High – 420ºF (216ºC)
Even though there are 4 standard heat settings, I have found that the best setting is the medium heat setting.
Switching through the heat settings is really easy, though – just hold down the mouthpiece for a couple seconds and it will cycle through.
The oven will heat up in around 30-50 second range.
Thanks to the sick tech included in the Pax 2, your battery life can be two hours or more!
That is a huge step-up from almost any other portable vape out there.
The USB charger is simple to use and takes a couple hours to fully charge up the device, so no worries there.
What’s in the Box
- PAX 2 Vaporizer
- 2 Interchangeable Mouthpieces
- Magnetic Oven Lid
- Magnetic USB Charger
- Bottle of Isopropyl Alcohol
- 10 Cleaner Tools
How to Take Care of It
Clean and care for the Pax 2 vaporizer has also been improved over the older model.
A small cleaning kit is included in the box for your convenience, so be sure to use it and not just let it sit there.
Theoretically, you could go as high as 20 sessions without cleaning your new piece, but then you are going to be risking losing product, getting crappy hits and having it taste like arse, so I recommend cleaning every 10 sessions or so.
Just use the included alcohol solution with the pipe cleaners and simply clean out the inside.
Allowing the over to heat up on empty and take a few draws will help loosen up the resin and crap inside.
Final Thoughts and PV Pro Tips
Sure, the Pax 2 will set you back almost $80 more than the original, but the new technology and ease of use make this vape well worth the extra money.