Sometimes I look back and remember seeing all those Marlboro Man billboards whizzing by me when I was younger, sitting in the backseat, while my mom took us on “errand” joyrides.
I remember thinking, “Man – that guy is such a hardo. Look at him just chilling there smoking, acting all cool not giving a sh**… I wanna be a friggin’ cowboy!”
Well, 2 things happened.
I became a smoker and the total opposite of a cowboy.
He was only 51.
Up until a few years ago, I was smoking around a pack of cigarettes a day, until one day, out of the the blue and for no reason whatsoever, I saw some ad online and started vaping using electronic cigarettes and have been smoke free ever since (hold your applause).
This led me to start looking into the differences between vaping vs smoking, and how vaping seemed to be such a better, less expensive, and healthier option.
Why Smoking Sucks
The way smoking works is through combustion.
Combustion creates the smoke, which in turn, contains toxic by-products instead of the actual ingredients in the herb. These toxins are the prime cause of lung cancer and so many other respiratory diseases. When you hold in the smoke, tar and all these other noxious chemicals are absorbed into the lungs.
Sounds healthy, I know.
Let’s take a cigarette for example.
Did you know that there are over 4,000 chemical compounds exerted when you smoke a cigarette, and 69 of them are known to cause cancer. I mean if you take a look at what chemicals are in a cigarette, I think you’d probably see a pretty clear distinction between vaping vs smoking.
In addition to that, almost 600 additives were given the green light by the US Government when Big Tobacco submitted them back in 1994, and while these additives are approved to be in foods, they were never tested when burned which is absolute insanity. What happens is that when these ingredients are burned, their properties change and they become toxic and/or carcinogenic and can cause horrible short/long-term effects to the people that are smoking them as well as the people around them. Some of these by-products are carbon monoxide, hydrogen cyanide, and even ammonia.
This is totally safe right?
Why Using a Vaporizer Can Be Better
When comparing vaping vs smoking, I went over what combustion was and why it was so bad in relation to smoking.
Using a vaporizer works different.
Here’s how and why vaporizing is better:
- You’re making vapor, not smoke. Instead of heating up the material all the way to combustion, you would heat whatever herbs you would like to vape just under that point which is between 380°F and 410°F. What happens when this is done is that not only do you extract the full flavor and purity of your herbs, but you are also emitting vapor instead of smoke, which takes out 95% of the carcinogens that smoking puts out there.
- Keep more of your money. The money I was spending on cigarettes was absurd, and taking into effect that cigarette prices have gone up so much these past few years makes the decision that much easier.
- Better flavor. Not only can you pick from a wide variety of flavors to suit your taste, but the purity you will get from each one is incredible.
- Keep your lungs pink-er. By not taking in all the tar that smoking causes, your lungs won’t look like charcoal.
- Your material lasts longer. You’ll use much less of your material and get either the same or better effect. A cool tip is to take small, shallow puffs.
So Who Wins – Vaping or Smoking?
When you break everything down in vaping vs smoking, vaping wins hands down.
I mean there really is no comparison when weighing out vaping vs smoking. One is gross, unhealthy, more expensive, and harmful to the people around you, while the other is the complete opposite.
Throughout the years, there have been tons of studies that have shown vaporizers being a much healthier alternative to smoking.
In addition, if you have questions that you’d like answers on, I’m always here and will always give it to you straight.